This opportunity is only for students of Schweizerische Alpine Mittelschule Davos.
Spend a week immersed in journalism by getting an insider’s view of how a global media organisation works at the World Economic Forum.
For the WEF Annual Meeting 2017, Pro Journo is bringing an on-site reporting team of four reporters from around the world, led by two editors with experiences from the New York Times, Associated Press, The Economist Group, and more. In partnership with Schweizerische Alpine Mittelschule Davos, we’re seeking an editorial intern to assist in our reporting and research work. In return, the intern will be mentored by our editors to gain professional writing and publishing experience–communications skills crucial in any career.
From January 16th to 20th, you will join our reporter team to:
- Participate in our daily editorial morning briefs
- Work alongside reporters and editors in background research and fact-checking
- Assist in digital production of articles, which typically entails sourcing images, creating charts and making sure that formatting is consistent
- Assist in audience development, which entails writing social copy and scheduling them
- Work on your own story to be published on projourno.org
To apply, please send the following to s.kim[at]projourno.org and maegi.schmid[at]samd.ch by January 9th:
- An autobiographical summary telling us your background and why you would like to participate (250-word limit)
- A short essay (600-word limit): Tell us a story about your impression of the World Economic Forum. Were you at the Open Forum last year, or another session? What was your experience like, and how did it shape your impression? If this will be your first, what do you expect and why?