Join a team of four reporters as we report on current trends in global impact investing at a leading international investor conference in New York, 29-30 May. You will receive a stipend of $400 and editorial support to investigate stories and capture industry leaders’ opinion. Stories will be published on our site and partner sites such as the Huffington Post.
Update: Deadline extended to Wednesday, 7th May, 2014.
Your job will be to mingle with leading investors and investment experts around the topic of “ESG” (environmental, social, and governance) or impact investing at the TBLI CONFERENCE™ USA 2014. As critical and investigative observers, you add context and content to this industry gathering [see program and attendee list].
Led by a topic-specialized offsite editor, we aim to produce trusted and independent journalistic content about this conference and participating industry leaders. See also our previous coverage in the field of impact investing at the TBLI Conference in Zurich.
- Mid-May: Online hangout with editor and reporter team for editorial programming and individual article pitch session.
- 28 May, New York: Meet your fellow reporters and our NY-based staff in the evening to get to know each other and prepare for the conference days.
- 29-30 May, New York: Attend conference and investigate for your stories. Produce one short blog post (per reporter) on the first or second day of conference.
- 8 June: Deadline for first journalistic article.
- 15 June: Deadline for second journalistic article.
- Get out of the classroom: Unique experience of mingling with experts and investors and exploring the topic of impact investing.
- Learn how to communicate through stories and critically investigate the topic as a journalist.
- Receive support by experienced and topic-specialized journalist.
- Publishing of articles on our site, as well as our syndication partners including The Huffington Post, Greenbiz.com, Triple Pundit and any others you would like to pitch to.
- Receive stipend of $400.
- Collaboration with fellow reporters through pitching story ideas, building on contacts and leads, resources and expertise.
- Participation in internal team webinar in May.
- Finalize two journalistic stories, pitched to and supported by our editor within two weeks after the conference.
- Produce one short blog post during the conference days.
- Enrolled in a higher education program (i.e. Bachelors-level or above, preferably at the Masters or Doctoral level).
- Excellent written and verbal English skills.
- Experience in online journalism a plus.
Application by May 4th, please fill out the form directly here.
This coverage project receives support from TBLI GROUP.