Student Reporter, a global media outlet and journalism incubator, is hiring for a part-time Community and Marketing Manager to: 1) help us manage our international community of writers, 2) grow our outlet’s readership through social media marketing and 3) assist in market research to ready the next stage in our venture as a global media company start-up.
- Bachelors or above in Marketing, Business, Journalism, or similar degree.
- Background and literacy in digital media, journalism, and/or business news.
- Experience (internship/PT ok) and demonstrable skills in social media and community management.
- Knowledge of audience engagement tactics and metrics of news media outlets.
- Knowledge of competitive landscape of digital media (global, but US and EU focused).
- Passionate about future of journalism, global business news, and youth affairs.
- Experience in early-stage start-ups a plus.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Research, conceptualize and manage email campaigns to spread our Call for Applications.
- Assist in conceptualizing and initiating a monthly newsletter for our community.
- Develop and execute social media campaigns, with an emphasis on lead generation and audience growth beyond our current readership (budget available for paid campaigns).
- Monitor social media campaigns and audience engagement metrics to be able connect it to and implement strategies on the “packaging” and “pushing” of our journalistic content (i.e. optimizing headline writing for SEO and formulating page titles and meta descriptions).
- Assist in market research to help our investor pitch for the next stage in our venture, and present to executive team an overall marketing plan and recommendations at end of term.
The contract position comes with a compensation of 6,000 USD total and is a 25% position over the course of 6 months. You are ideally based in NYC and available for biweekly meetings in our Soho office. You will report to the managing editor.
If interested, please send us your CV and a cover letter to careers[at]projourno.org. We are looking to fill this position ASAP.
More about Student Reporter here.